Niner’s Road Less Traveled (RLT) family has grown. The middle child, the RLT Steel shares some characteristics with its siblings but has a ride feel all its own. It’s the feel of a fine steel bike loved by many riders.
WITH THE GROWTH OF THE FAMILY, WE’VE HAD A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE THREE SIBLINGS. MAINLY, “WHAT NINER RLT 9 IS RIGHT FOR ME?”
It’s a great question. Ask it around the Niner office and you’ll get a variety of answers. Some love the snappy feel of the oldest child, some like the calmness of the second child and some just want to go hard and fast so they choose the sporty, youngest child.
Below, we offer a more detailed look at the RLT 9 Steel gravel bike.
RIDER PROFILE: You may come from a road bike background and are looking for a bike that you can do more with, that offers a lot of options. You may simply be tired of paved roads and fast cars. You may come from a mountain bike background and are looking for a comfortable bike that you can get lost on. You don’t always want to fight your way through obstacles. You understand the ride qualities that a Reynolds 853 steel bike offers and are not overly concerned with weight. At some point, you may have considered getting a custom steel bike.
The RLT 9 Steel broken down:
- Intended use: The RLT Steel seeks adventure. We designed it for those who want to head out, go long and be comfortable.
- Frame: Reynolds 853 steel and the Niner RDO Gravel fork make this bike sturdy, durable and versatile. The 853 tubeset offers a ride quality like no other. (Total weight of 56 cm frame and fork: 6.13 lbs/2.78 kg)
- Tire options: 700 c, 1.75 inches/45 mm or 650b with up to a 47 mm tire.
- Packable for overnight and extended day trips. Rack and fender mounts, water bottle mounts and bento box mounts allow a lot of flexibility in terms of packing this bike and getting lost.
- A classic steel beauty with an eye towards steel bikes of yesteryear.
- Meets ISO design standards for mountain bikes which are more stringent than ISO standards for road bikes.
Still wondering if the RLT 9 Steel is for you? This comparison chart shows similarities and differences between all three Niner models. And, if you want to see all three different models, visit the RLT Family page.