So, when you have 200 miles of gravel ahead of you, what do you ride? Here’s a look at how Menso de Jong sets up his carbon Niner RLT 9 RDO for the long haul. (We doubt the sparrow is going to make the trip, but hey, it does have wings…)
Breaking it down, bit by bit for the sparrow’s approval:
- SRAM Rival 22 hydraulic disc brakes
- SRAM GX long cage rear der to handle an 11-36 cassette
- SRAM Rival/Stages cranks with 34/48t and 180mm length
- VP Components VX Trail pedals with about 7500 miles on them.
- Selle Italia SLR seat with the same 7500 miles on it.
- Lezyne seat bag and Menso also let us know he’ll be running Lezyne lights for Dirty Kanza.
The Bird’s Eye view:
- Niner YAWYD top cap with Newcastle Brown Ale cap
- Enve 130mm stem
- Enve 44cm shallow drop bar
The Rear Triangle…
- Maxxis Rambler 40c tires
- Lezyne water bottle cages
The Front Triangle
- Lezyne pump
- Lezyne water bottle cage
- Official Clif Team water bottles